Saturday, February 23, 2013

While I'm Waiting





It's been awhile since I was really able to write about my thoughts and about my life. Some might probably wondering why was I not able to write for the month of January or if you haven't notice it perhaps now you might be looking at my archives. hahaha Well, it's not that I intended not to write anything or I forgot. But I just don't know where to start and how to begin the year. The last two months before my 2012 ends was the most challenging. I was down facing my past sipping into my life again. The reconciliation of a past and promises that was trying to revive itself. It was my ex. So I asked: "How can God take away something in my life and bring it back so fast?" I was really confused but I was hopeful. When I finally met him this month; we talked, cried, laughed. But above it all "we changed" my heart had been poured out and he was just there to listen. It was really a relief. And I thank him for it. Walking in faith will never be easy but I believe God has called us to be forgiving, to be courageous and to be faithful of God's promise. God wants to write our love story based on His terms not ours and like what I have written in my previous blog "My-so-called-love-story" let God hold the pen of our lives and just wait on God.



The Bible says:

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
 and he shall strengthen your heart"

~ Psalms 27:14




..... Remembering the night we talked was still a fresh but I am hopeful. We might have lost love in a partner based relationship but we have reserved friendship. I recently attended a seminar "While I'm Waiting" and it was very timely. The adorable couple Ptr. Joseph and Rica shared relevant key points on what to do while we are in this "waiting season" and it was inspiring. One of my favorite was the 3 Threads: 


"Though one may be overpowered, 
two can defend themselves. 
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

~ Ecclesiastes 4:12



...... For some strange reason I was not able to take down notes during the seminar but I will share it based on what I can still remember. Feel free to give any feedback after reading this. The 3 Threads composed of: You, Spouse and God. 


YOU
....... How is your relationship with God?
....... Identify your purpose and your preparedness.
....... Are you the person you're looking for? 
........"It's not about looking for the right person, it's being the right one"


SPOUSE
....... How's your spouse walk with God?
....... Are you ready to give - up everything for this person.
....... Loving your spouse is a decision, a covenant.
........If you hurt your spouse, you hurt yourself because you are one.


GOD
........ Should be the center of your marriage/relationship.
........ Because when God is at the center nothing will ever fail.



....... It's very exciting how God wants to stimulate the longing of being the right person but also to focus on God and just wait on Him. A reminder to obey in God's word and to abound in His love as Rica said "Your partner should be an overflow of God's love in your life" I couldn't agree more. What can we share if we ourselves are lacking?. What love is there to offer if there's not enough love to give? With sufficient love from God we have plenty to sustain it. The key is to stay in love with God. And the right kind of love will come because we know it will. Because God promised it.  (Jeremiah 29:11)



I leave you with "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller praying these will remain in our hearts and wait patiently in obedience, serve others and worship God while waiting. 

"I'm waiting on You, Lord and I am hopeful though it is painful but patiently, I will wait. I will move ahead, bold and confident taking every step in obedience. And most importantly to serve, worship You while I'm waiting."







Also read my previous blog: My Valentine








No comments:

Post a Comment