Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Valentine




"Love Month" as people call it, whenever I think of Valentine's day a picture came to my mind. A bouquet of flowers with balloons, chocolates on the side with little love you card and of course lots of hearts.... ^_^ We have branded "Valentine's Day" with all sweet and mushy stuff. Which I know "we" women would agree we love the gifts and all the mushy stuffs. hahaha But to me, this day is extra special because not only it's Valentine's day but it's also my birthday. And this year it's more meaningful because I finally realize why God had chosen this day. Let me give you a brief background:

I became amiss in my definition of love growing up coming from an only child background I came to understand that love was one - centered. Constantly seeking for affirmation and affection. Shallow and superficial there was more often than not feelings of "unloved" without really understanding True love...



But the bible tell us:



"Whoever does not love does not know God,
 because God is love."

~ 1 John 4 : 8




..... All along I thought love was merely emotions and feelings I can earn from someone but as I came to know the truth, the only love one will ever need in his life is "God" and everything else will follow.. In my blog Holy Week I have emphasized the true essence of where it all started knowing "God's greatest act of love". (John 3:16) And being born on a heart's day, will forever remind me that even if I felt I was unloved. God made my birth date on the day love was best commemorated. It was as if God knew I will grew up to be love dependent. hahaha ........




"If you seek LOVE,
FIND God.
If you seek GOD,
You will find TRUE LOVE.
And if you FOUND true love,
SHARE God's LOVE."

~ Mhelai Padawel




.....On this Valentine's day I only have one encouragement. One will never find true love when one don't seek God. The best mentor to teach us how to love is God himself. What qualities to look for in a future husband/wife? here are some useful reading tool for Men read Woman of Beautiful Values which encourages how women should be valued and how God values them. And for Women read Job 29 Man for  enlightenment on what qualities to look for a man of "God-character" not just "good-character". We sometimes look at love as something magical and fictional but actually "God" (love) was only waiting for us to accept Him and acknowledge Him. He was with us all along who continue to love us unconditionally yet we ignore His call. If we start knowing Him now. Then love will overflow we can't share something we ourselves don't have. If we focus ourselves on God He will handle everything else. Like a light house that will continue to shine while crossing the path of the unknown. With His light, He will secure us a safe journey. We only need to obey and trust God... 




Sharing you my background while writing this blog. "When God Made You" ... ^_^
An encouragement that someday I will have someone to sing it with...









Also, read my previous blog: My-so-called-love-story










No comments:

Post a Comment