Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reconciliation

In my previous post, "Now Serving" I remember I told you that I have been to foreign land and years I have spent there has been a mix of whirlwind of happiness but it was not all holy. I have live my life in a worldly way. Hanging out with so-called-friends whom I trusted and gain supports and motivation. At the moment, I thought I was living a good life. Until I met a man, he has become the "peanut butter to my jelly" and for that moment I thought "we are the perfect two". Being in the relationship at that point in time, I knew something was wrong. There's always something strange about it. And it came to the point God has revealed, he was in current relationship with his long time girlfriend (which became his wife now by the way, the reason I know just keep on reading...) . I want to skip the part of how I pity-party-for-months, we all know how the story goes. But the main Plot of the story; I thought I could never forgive him, I wanted revenge, I want him to feel how hurt I was and how he made me feel so ashamed about myself. I have thoughts of him in a most hurtful situations every woman could possibly think of. Eventually, I moved on with my life and met the person who brought me back to Christ. He reads bible verses and took me to attend church every Sunday. I was hesitant, but you know God was so persistent. He keeps knocking at my heart, and just always  there waiting patiently for me to open it up to him.



The bible says:


"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

~ Colossians 3:13


...... You see, I have forgiven my-ex because of how God has forgiven me. It is said in the scriptures forgive in order to be free of the bitterness and of the bondage that hindrance growth in relationship with Him. Its true to fully understand God's ways is to simply follow him. "So if the son set you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).



I am now currently attending a TFV class at Victory, our local church. And my ex and his wife is in the same class as I am, the odds and the awkwardness of seeing them there. I was uncomfortable, but I know it was never an accident. Out of all the classes and the many churches, why here? and why now? and why seat in front of me? I asked myself... But thank God for his good people. I had my friend Anne Centeno prayed for me, in this time of need when we are put in a situation particularly in "my situation" I just paused, prayed and listened. And thought of how God would respond, my group leader Jael told me "just be confident because God has redeemed you of your past". Isn't God good? He aims for you (like an arrow) and he will release you when he knows you will hit the mark. I know I needed to talk to his wife and God has place a desire in my heart to reach out to her. And I did, and by the grace of God I was even able to pray for both of them. My ex apologized after and I just told him, " I have forgiven you". Writing this part of the story in my life right now makes me wanna cry, thank God for his goodness, thank him for his promises. Its like watching a "telanovela" wherein the "bida" gets the last laugh but in my story its different. I never took my revenge but instead God has taught me to be forgiving and kind. Just like He did.



The bible says:

"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

~ 2 Corinthians 5: 18 - 21


..... I have put down my hat to God, as the scriptures says God gave us the ministry of reconciliation for He will reconcile us for himself. My journey brought me to tears, heartaches, awkwardness but I would never want it any other way. As the scripture says we are Christ's ambassadors. Be reconciled to any painful past, past you never even want to think about. But be encourage, because through Christ you will be made righteous....




I leave you with this song, I am currently listening to "Voice of Truth". For those times God tells us to go out of our comfort zone. And where the GIANTS (our problems) tell us we will never win. Listen to the voice of truth (God) He is telling you "DO NOT BE AFRAID" because He tells you "THIS IS FOR MY GLORY"..... so just go and be confident, because "GOD IS WITH YOU"








No comments:

Post a Comment