Monday, September 10, 2012

A Few Good Men

It's been a while since I write as constant as I could, I actually have pending topics I really want to share. But time for me is harder to get by these days, as living a life committed to passion and love has been my hobby. Passion to do as much as I can to honor Him and obedience to do his will out of His love for me. As I have accepted the authority He bestowed on me, I have been called to do His every will. And its the very reason I created this blog, for others to know how God's love have been the core of the changes I am encountering in my daily life. I am not perfect, and I understand that now. Even living under obedience to him, my very nature is indeed weak. I draw my strength to God for those time I was fragile. And He never fails to send people to encourage and support me, He send his words through them to enlighten my soul. My journey does not stop when I have fallen short, but its a new chapter for me to stand against in every thing I believe in.

Our challenges does not pertains to the critically of the situation we are in. Its actually on the daily basis of our lives; how to control anger when traffic hits while riding the bus going to work, what to say when dealing with strangers who annoyed us, when talking with irritating colleagues or for some classmates, how to react when a boss yelled at you or when a customer demands too much from you, how to forgive when your siblings ruined the shoes you bought last week or how to respond when your dad thinks you are useless.  In these simple moments, God call unto us how should we respond.


The bible says:

"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

~ James 1:19-20

..... When you read the whole chapter of James 1:1-20 it discuss situations wherein we get tempted but also states what happens if we do. In general this verse summarizes how one should respond when temptation comes. Have time to listen but also be cautious when we speak to others. If someone tempt us to be angry, pause and reflect how God would react in his righteous way...


In the kind of world we are living today, the most bourgeois type of temptation is the "lust of the flesh" I would like to state situations based on what I have observed in the past and in the most current observations. The lust of the flesh would be predominantly seen through women wearing skimpy skirts and loose blouses or in a certain behavior that stimulates as such. But "men" nowadays, have known the power of "words" to coax, to entrap, and to eventually seduce a woman. Many women may have fallen or  unaware of it but its the very reason I was urge to post it here. In the workplace, in the streets, in the very comfort of our homes. It can be used by anyone either unintentionally or intentionally. My plea would be to again "guard our hearts" be cautious how we allow these things to   stimulate temptation. Just as what Ptr. Carlo said "flee" at the moment your awareness of what was said or seen just run away from it (1 Corinthians 6:18) . Whether a woman has desire to inappropriately dress or act improperly the bible tell us:


“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent 
has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

~ Matthew 5: 27 - 28 ~

~~~~~ 0 ~~~~~~

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, 
impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, 
fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, 
divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. 
I warn you, as I warned you before, 
that those who do such things 
will not inherit the kingdom of God".

~ Galatians 5:19-21 ~



..... Need I say more, those are the the exact words written in the bible for us to follow and instill in our hearts. 


"For I believe there are still a "few good men" among us, 
and my prayer is for us to recognize these struggles 
and let us not allow these thoughts to crawl into our minds and populate our hearts. For out of those little thoughts may also bear fruit of consequences and sin may come in. 
Let us return to the "word" for in times we face these kind of battles. God's words will be our armor".


.... In the same light, this is not to intentionally put fear in our hearts because we have sin we can no longer enter the gates of heaven. My prayer is for us to realize to be so in love with God, but be cautious in the works of the enemy. God's grace has save us, and will always be upon us. But not entitled to use grace alone for us to be save. Our salvation comes from God (A gift from God)  Its through and by him alone....


I leave you with these song, "Chains Be Broken" by Hillsong for I believe once those chains of impurities has been broken. We will be free indeed. Free of shame and guilt. God has always love us, He just wants us to come and follow him, all of his ways.







Also read my previous blog: A Midst The Storm
















No comments:

Post a Comment