Saturday, July 6, 2013

STAND

I was reading my previous blogs and looking at what I have written for the past year. The learning's, teachings, and lessons God taught me created an impact of how I view life today. Time swift so fast and it's over a year now since I started this blog.  Today let me share with you something I contemplated in the previous months. If God is as real as what is written in the scriptures, so does Satan. And its true, when we draw closer to God, we attract him like a magnet that things begin to happen in our lives. You see, walking in faith with God will never be easy and this is not to scare or to put fear in our hearts but a reality that even the apostles before us have gone through. At one point in their lives they have experience hatred, stoned (in a form of curses, real stones, etc) and persecution.




The Bible says:

"In fact, everyone who wants to live 
a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted"

~ 2 Timothy 3:12



......Yes, you read it right. But persecution in our times are different compared to the persecution during the time of the apostles. You see, the battles of the apostles during their times are more physical while the battle we face today concerns our mind and how we control it.




“It is not that we don't have faith, 
it is just that Satan is trying to destroy
our faith with lies.” 


~ Joyce Meyer, 
 "Battlefield of the Mind"




...... Everyday we face persecution in different forms and ways. The enemy will tell us all sort of "lies" that we thought we have overcome in the past but because the enemy knows our weakness he knows how to aim. Soon our faith will be tested, some will cripple us and some will destroy us "spiritually" and this is our "BATTLE".  My encouragement is to read the following words;



If the enemy tells you:

"You are weak you can't stand on your own"  



Tell him:

"Yes, I am weak" but the scripture says:

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."
~ Psalm 28:7



If you just started to walk with Christ and the enemy tells you:

"You will never change, you will be like that for the rest of your life"



Tell him:


"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
~ Galatians 2:20




If the enemy tells you:

"No one loves YOU"




Tell him:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
~ John 3:16





If the enemy tells you:

"There is NO hope for you, you will never succeed in life"



Tell him:


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
~ Jeremiah 29:11 




.....The battle we face is how we remain to fix our mind to "Trust in GOD" despite all the lies and the trials the enemy throws at us. It's not about what God didn't give us when we prayed and asked Him too. But to recognize all the blessings God had given us without asking Him. The true test of faith is whether or not we receive His blessings but how faithful are we to God? Even if God said "No" to our prayers, even if God hasn't answered our call or even if everything around us changes. God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow (Heb 13:8) The trials we go through has a purpose. It could be His way of molding a character within us, to teach us or to shape us, to be the "Woman or Man" God created us. We can't stand alone, but with God on our side we have already won the battle. In time you have that encounter just wait on God and be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart (Psalm 27:14) . Stay armed of God's wisdom. So when we face the enemy, we know what to tell him. If the pressure is to too strong just keep the faith and "Take a Stand" remind yourself that you are a "Princess" the daughter of a "King". He is with you. Remind ourselves, if God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31) .





Let me leave you with Chris Tomlin song "Our God" to remind us that "Our God" is greater than any problems we are having and will have in the future. And to keep telling ourselves these words:

"And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us. And if our God is with us, then what could stand against. Our is God Greater, stronger, awesome and higher than any other"










No comments:

Post a Comment