Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Midst the Storm

These past few months, I have been battling storms in my life... One of which is the raging wind of loneliness, the unpredictable weather changes of happiness and the low pressure area of doubt. In this area of my responsibility, I know I have to do something. These negative thoughts will not flood my heart and my mind. No, I don't need to "sun dance" I need to "praise and dance". No, I don't need to "cover up and go to sleep" I need to "go out there and serve". No, I will not "whistle to the world" but "I will shout and proclaim God's goodness". You see, a midst these storms in my life. I know I am surrounded by God's volunteers who will relief my pain by encouragement. Brought bread of life to regain my strength of faith, and had clothe my heart with compassion and understanding. A midst these storms, God is there.


The bible says:

Acts 27: 22 - 26


"22 But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23 Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.’ 25 So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. 26 Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island.”


....... If you will read the whole chapter of Acts 27 Paul was saying these words during the storm. The men didn't listen to him when he said not to pass Crete. And that has happened. But I believe if these men listened to him, they will not be encourage and will not believe that God will surpass everything for them.



"Every storm in our lives is not because God is punishing us, but because God is allowing these things to happen. To let us learn, grow in faith, and mature in the holy spirit and to know that the only way to safety and salvation is to put our trust in God and his ways."




Recently, our nation has been flooded by rain. In this physical manifestation of the real storm, we have been challenged and our faith has been tested. But in this state of calamity I saw God's goodness. Despite, the weather changes, lost homes, and worst of all lost of loved ones. God never cease to let us know, he is present. He sent volunteers to reach out, He give food to the hungry, He provide shelter to the needy and He gives comfort to the weary. This is how God reveal himself to us, that out of everything we are going through, he is always there. I salute the volunteers who risk their lives to help the people in need. I salute the old man who carry his dog out to shelter and I salute the President of this nation for instead of staying at the comfort of his home, he went out and "serve". I know God is in control and he is  with us. My family and I are safe. But my heart is within those people who have suffered and lost. And giving myself for service to them is an appreciation of how God loves us, its giving back to God all the glory and honor by serving others. My simple act of volunteering will not measure up to His love for us. But those little act of service, I know it honors him. And just by doing these acts, I know I have encourage someone that God loves them too.


"Out of the WORST in our lives,
GOD
 will bring out the BEST"




I will leave you with this song, "Praise You in The Storm" by Chris Tomlin. Let us not be discourage but rather Praise him in this storm because of his goodness and trust that he will overcome these storms for us like what He did to His apostles before us.





Also, read my previous post: Pure Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment