Monday, May 19, 2014

"Listen"

In the times of the Old Testament, God spoke with Moses through the burning bush while he was walking the sheep on Mount Sinai. God's voice was clear and mystified. The lack of capacity to do magic during their times is an assurance that it was God. But in a modern day such as ours, where everything seems possible and our knowledge to magic and sorcery exist. Will leave you a question how does God speaks to us? 


If you go through books, journals or even on the internet in these age, there will be a lot of ways how God can speak to us. Some would say through God's words, neighbors, nature and even music. I would have to say that how God speaks to each of us differently. I believe that you may just be passing by a street and you see a verse that God has placed for you to see. It brought you to tears because it was the word you actually need at the time. You may be missing out or maybe it's a confusing state how can it be God? but you see, this the main reason why burning bush no longer happen nowadays. Why? because we tend to be more skeptic of it. Some may find it a magic trick or a stunts played by anyone. It became a joke. And will you then listen? or just probably laugh at it or ignore it. 


God speaks to us in many forms, He knows us too well that He can sense our needs and the best to deliver His message. As you know God more, you would know its Him. It's when you have a relationship with Him that you understand how He speaks to you. When He does you would simply know it's Him.





"My sheep hear my voice, 
and I know them, 
and they follow me. 
I give them eternal life, 
and they will never perish, 
and no one will snatch them out of my hand".

~ John 10:27-28 


.... As it is written, "My Sheep hear my voice" and we are to follow Him. A sheep knows his shepherd's voice and when He calls. We will know it was Him. The spirit is upon us, in order to be sensitive to His voice. When you listen heartfully, I know you will hear Him and when you do? Just listen, and obey.





I leave you with the song "One Thing Remains" by Jesus Culture:







..... His love never fails and will never give up on us, no matter how many times we try to ignore His call. His great love will never fail, one thing remains His love never fails and His love will never run out on you. My desire is somehow just take time to hear in silence and open your heart. Believe and you shall hear and see God's goodness in your life.... He is alive as the river flows... He is alive in Spirit...











No comments:

Post a Comment